Friday, November 20, 2009

Intro Post

Hello.

I am a feminist. I considered myself a feminist for years before I really took any time to comprehend what that meant. I was, perhaps, frightened of the changes in my life that might result. I was worried I'd have to change my relationship with things like lipstick, high heels, and uncritical consumption of mass media.

This blog is a result of my recent immersion into feminist theory. I am hereby making an attempt to reconcile the things I believe, the things that are true "in theorem," with experiences in my daily life, as well as news stories, cultural phenomena, and whatever occurs to me as relevant at the time.

Writing about some of these ideas seems the best way for me to process and deconstruct them, so here I am.

And I'm not giving up my heels. Not yet, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment